Nov 29, 2007

Update on Rocky

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and advice. I really appreciate your in put. Rocky's seizures started in May of this year. There was no apparent reason or underlying factor so the vet just diagnosed it as canine epilepsy. He took bloodwork this morning and will have a report for me on Monday. He did not want to up the dosage just yet. He did say that if Rocky ever had a seizure he didn't want to come out of that I should get him out there right away for an injection of Valium. He said that would pull him out of it. He also said we could try other medications if we couldn't get the phenobarbitol to do the trick. He said Rocky could expect to live a long and happy life if we just get the seizures under control. I will wait and see what the tests indicate and I guess take it from there.

10 comments:

Willie and Waylon said...

He is in the same club Waylon belongs to. My vet gave us an rx for valium suppositories if Waylon ever has cluster seizures or a prolonger seizure.
Our paws are crossed and we hope you have a good weekend.

Molly the Airedale said...

Paws are crossed for Rocky! We're praying for good news!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Ruby Bleu said...

We are thinking good thoughts for Rocky!!!

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Lorenza said...

Good vibes and paws crossed for Rocky!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

I suggest, more bacon?! heh. We hope he is well and we are keeping good thoughts for him!

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Rocky's mom. I'm sorry to hear about Rocky. My mom's been so busy, we missed all of this. I'm crossing all my paws, several times, and mom's sending all her biggest get well wishes. We hope Monday brings lots of answers.

xo
SB

Sandy said...

Hey you all, I hope Rocky has had a better weekend. That sure is frustrating not to get a good answer or a better solution from the vet. It might be good to take him somewhere else for another opinion.

Boo Casanova said...

hello ozzie & rocky,

i got your x'mas ecard! viewed it and loving it.

excuse me ozzie & rocky's mom - your sons want me to tell you those are not boston terrorist that's skating! LOL

wet wet licks

Boo

Anonymous said...

Hey - I'm sorry I'm catching up late on this.... I echo Waylon's idea - I also have a prescription for Valium for Fig when she seizes; I give it to her right away when she has one. Fig's doing okay on phenobarb, but lots of other dogs on DWB have had good results with other med choices. Best of luck to you all!

Amici said...

We're glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Amici doesn't use teh valium but we have heard of other dogs using it (and with good effect). We hope the tests come out okay and give you a good sense of which direction to go. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts!